- General FAQ
- License Agreement
- Refund Policy
- Contact Us
- Secure Shopping
Video Tutorial: The Making of Andrew Jackson
2.3 HOUR REAL-TIME WALKTHROUGH
LEARN HOW THE PROS DO IT
Hey it’s me Jeff Finley again, back with another ridiculous video tutorial! This time I will show you how I create those poetic and nostalgic designs I’ve been doing for my band Parachute Journalists. The designs have been getting lots of attention lately and I thought I’d show you how I do it.
NOTHING IS HELD BACK
I show you everything from start to finish. That includes all my secrets, hacks, cracks, and shortcuts. It also features some of my flaws and ways I work around design and software problems. So come sit with me in this feature length video tutorial and I guarantee you’ll be inspired and better equipped for your next project.
Design Rich Typography
You will learn how to create a sophisticated and classy type treatment using just a few fonts and the tools already in Illustrator. Discover how to trick the text-warp tool into doing what you want and how to combine typefaces appropriately.
Creative Portrait Illustration
Learn how to use your Wacom Tablet to illustrate creative line art on top of exisiting reference photos. Create that hand-drawn illustrated look the easy way without knowing how to draw. Ok, drawing is important, but this makes it easier.
Vintage Tricks and Hacks
That vintage look is hot right now, and this tutorial shows how to achieve an authentic nostalgic vibe layering textures and photos in Photoshop. The technique is simpler than you think and you might even consider it cheating.
EASIER THAN YOU THINK
I’ve been an artist/designer most of my life but have been doing it professionally since 2004. I’m a partner at Go Media and have a passion for music and film related graphic design. I’ve been involved in projects for Warner Bros Records, Pepsi, Iron Maiden, No Idea Records, All City Media, Benten Films, Reigning Nails, Lakewood Films, and more. I’ve also been featured in Computer Arts, Advanced Photoshop, and other design publications over the past few years.
HOW ABOUT SOME INSPIRATION?
Here’s a collection of images using the techniques explained in the video. These images were designed for my band Parachute Journalists, which interestingly enough 2/3 of its members are part of Go Media. Cool huh? So take a look at these images below to get an idea of how you can apply your knowledge after you watch the video. Keep in mind, your concept is key! You don’t want your design to be all style and no substance.
Make sure every choice you make in your design process supports the purpose. Does it help drive home the message? Or are you making it retro because retro is cool these days? Ultimately, your goal as a designer is to master design software until it becomes an extension of yourself. From there, you will be able to use all your tricks and techniques to create meaningful work that makes the world a better place.
- Elite Pro: 850+ Vector Icons Usable As 13 Premium Web Fonts – only $29! by on Dec 6, 2013 at 9:42
- The Creation of a Fine Art Photograph with Polly Chandler by on Dec 5, 2013 at 9:23
- 50 Vintage Freebie Finds by on Dec 4, 2013 at 9:06
- Help Us Share the Love for those in Need: Go Media Launches COSE’s Warm and Bright Campaign by on Dec 3, 2013 at 2:00
- Fear of Making Money by on Dec 3, 2013 at 8:22
- What Templates are on your Wishlist this Year? by on Dec 2, 2013 at 8:42
- Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2013 goodness: the inner scoops! by on Nov 29, 2013 at 6:00
- Update: Live Drawn To Business Q&A Session #002 with William Beachy today, December 2nd, 2013, 6 – 7pm ET by on Nov 27, 2013 at 12:00
- Introducing our brand guidelines template by on Nov 27, 2013 at 7:22
- Massive Infographic Bundle (100+ templates) – only $27! by on Nov 26, 2013 at 8:05